John Jonah Jameson, Jr.
Smash Bros. Lawl
Standard B- You're Hired!Edit
When pressing B, Jameson will hire the opponent in front of him, giving them a camera. The camera will replace any item that the opponent may be holding. When an opponent is holding a camera, all of their A moves are disabled, also with aerials. And being replaced with the ability to take pictures. Special moves and grabs are still useable, however. When a picture is taken, a photo is released. The camera can only be liberated if they take 5 pictures, or if Jameson fires them. Even if the camera is liberated, they are still hired. Jameson can also rehire opponents that are already hired by him. By doing so, they start developing self confidence (they heal from damage). In doing so, they get the camera back. The more they are rehired, the more damage they heal (5% the first, 10% the second, ect.), as their camera capacity resets to 5. Opponents with the Top 12 Ego stats will start their re-hiring with 10%, as the healing effects from rehiring increase by 5%. When Jameson steps on a photo, he will review it. The effects of the review will reach the opponent anywhere on stage, as the effects depend on what was photographed;
- An item/nothing will damage the photographer with a 1% stun.
- A passive character will damage the photographer with a 10% trip.
- An attacking character will heal the photographer for 15%.
- An Assist Trophy (character) will heal the photographer for 20%.
- A horniness move will heal the photographer for 30% and will stun Jameson.
- A Final Smash will heal the photographer for 100%.
- A Good (all but horniness) photo examined when a photographer is on the front page will deal that photographer 2% damage along with a trip.
When Jameson is close to a camera, he can press B to take it for himself. The photo capacity remains with Jameson. Jameson's pictures go right into his pocket as he will only keep the latest 5 taken. Taken photos are used in The Front Page. Unmasker and Electric Nightmare can also affect the photos, the latter behaving like La Calavera when controlled. If the photos are removed, they also trigger the firing of everyone on the stage.
Side B- You're Fired!Edit
Using this attack, Jameson will take out a combustable lemon,. Pressing B makes him throw it forward, and pressing A makes him throw it at an arc. Normal opponents hit by a lemon take 10% damage, and anyone nearby will take minimal damage. If a hired opponent is hit with a lemon, they are fired dealing 20% damage. If they are holding a camera, they take 30% damage. When fired, the hired opponent loses their camera, and re-hires are reset back to 0 (meaning if they are re-hired any more, they go back to healing 5% (or 10% if they are in the top 12 ego) regardless of how many times they were rehired).
Up B- Interview with the GoblinEdit
From the bottom of the screen, the Green Goblin will fly diagonally up depending on where Jameson is standing. When the Goblin reaches Jameson, he will grab him and fly upwards for a couple seconds before dropping him. Initially, the Goblin deals damage to any opponents in the way, but not when he is interviewing Jameson.
Down B- The Front PageEdit
Using a pocketed photograph of an attacking opponent/Final Smash, Jameson will take a random one and place it on the Front Page. There can be only one at a time, as when a new one is used, an old one vanishes. If a photographer is on The Front Page, they cannot heal when they are rehired. Good photos will also count as bad photos except for horniness. When a Final Smash (any part of a final smash) is put on the Front Page, everyone hired by Jameson can't heal with rehires, as the user of the Final Smash will deal x1.5 more damage and knockback. Tag teams only affect the one member that was photographed. If Jameson tries to put up a photo that cannot be used, or if he doesn't have any photos, he will be left vulnerable. A front page can be destroyed by taking 50% damage, which automatically fires everyone previously hired.
Final Smash- Interdimensional JournalismEdit
Jameson will announce that he is mad, and will transform into an anime counterpart. At this point, he will take a picture of the closest opponent, trapping them in a photo. Anime!Jameson will then burst through the photo and beat up the trapped opponent. After dealing them 80%, he will pull out a gun powered by his laughing faces, talk about how the power of the press triumphs, and will shoot them. The shot will release a flaming Jameson who punches the opponent back onto the stage, flinging outward. He can miss the opponent when initially executing the attack, however.
- Side Taunt- 'Do you know who I am?!'
- Down Taunt- 'What are you waiting for? Chinese New Year? Go, go, go!'
- Up Taunt- 'Yes, you! Out the front door. Parking lot. Car. Goodbye!' (this fires a random opponent)
- Victory #1- "Thank you, bye-bye." *walks away*
- Victory #2- *looks at the loser(s)* "Thank you." *turns back* "I can't believe I'm thanking these people."
- Victory #3- *laughs*
- Lose- Takes his anger out on Peter, who's feeling down
Colonel: I can't believe that he would make it this far...
Solid Snake: Daily Bugle was designed to launch a new type of nuclear warhead wasn't it? Does the White House know about this? How deep does it go?
Colonel: Damn... Snake, the government has decided to not give in to their demands. We're trying to buy some more time... Bust him and get to his communications tower!
Snake: ...its back to the mission for me...
John Jonah Jameson, Jr. is a supporting character (and sometimes an antagonist) of Spider-Man in the Marvel Comics Universe.
Jameson is usually the publisher or editor-in-chief of the Daily Bugle, a fictional New York newspaper and now serves as the mayor of New York City. Recognizable by his mustache, flattop haircut, and ever-present cigar, he carries out a smear campaign against Spider-Man that has, at least temporarily, turned much of the gullible city against the hero. He employs photojournalist Peter Parker, who, unbeknownst to Jameson, is Spider-Man's alter ego.
Portrayals of Jameson have varied throughout the years. Sometimes he is shown as a foolishly stubborn and pompous skinflint who micromanages his employees and resents Spider-Man out of jealousy. Other writers have portrayed him more humanly, as a humorously obnoxious yet caring boss who nevertheless has shown great bravery and integrity in the face of the assorted villains with which the Bugle comes into contact, and whose campaign against Spider-Man comes more from fear of youngsters following his example. In either case, he has remained an important part of the Spider-Man mythos.
Jameson is also the father of John Jameson, the Marvel Universe supporting character who, in addition to his job as a famous astronaut, has at turns become Man-Wolf and Star-God, and married She-Hulk.
Jameson was raised by his uncle who was also his stepfather. This is who he learned to love cigars from. His biological father J. Jonah Jameson, Sr. left the country for unknown reasons.
As a result of his father's wedding to May Parker, Jameson and Peter Parker are related by marriage.
Ground attacks Edit
|Forward tilt||Hits forwards with a newspaper.|
|Forward smash||Summons the two Dogs to attack the opponent.|
|Up tilt||Hits upwards with a newspaper.|
Aerial attack Edit
Grab and throw Edit
Other attacks Edit
Role in The Subspace EmissaryEdit
His role is currently unknown.
Classic Mode QuotesEdit
- (vs. Best Hercules) "HAH! You are the best!"
- (vs. Scanty & Kneesocks) "You make up your own rules, just like me!"
- (vs. Madotsuki) "I'm no psychiatrist, but that might be a fear reaction..."
- (vs. Jaime Maussan) "Don't tell me you have the head of an extraterrestrial in there 'cause if you do, you're the third guy this week!"
- (vs. Irate Gamer) "The simple fact that you're standing here listening to me is outrageous!"
- (vs. Dr. Robotnik) "Science isn't all about WHY!? It's about WHY NOT?!"
- (vs. Panty & Stocking) "Yes, you! Keep your panties on!"
- Jameson is the first character to use the 'Boss' playstyle.
- At the end of his moveset, Mary wins with the votes of 39, beating against Pyron, that has 38.
- Jameson shares some lines and qualities as Cave Johnson from Portal 2, specifically the lemon in his side B and the lemon symbol. Both of them were voiced by JK Simmons, connecting the two.
- Jameson & Bison are the only characters that refer the other playable characters as Lawlers.
- All the inspiration clips in his moveset were pooped due to chincherrinas hating copyright.
- A later video showcased that Jameson has a Codec-like Smash Taunt called Daily Buglin'. It is accessed by using his down taunt on the Daily Bugle stage. A conversation then starts between Jameson and Peter Parker, usually about trying to get a picture of the opponent for the newspaper.
|Playable Characters in Smash Bros. Lawl|
King Harkinian | I.M. Meen | Leonidas | Nostalgia Critic | Tommy Wiseau | Madotsuki | AVGN | Mama Luigi | Dr. Robotnik | Frollo | Gaston | Irate Gamer | Hitler | Panty & Stocking | Billy Mays | Yomika | Guile | Bison | Ib | Hank Hill | Scanty & Kneesocks | Nicolas Cage | Best Hercules | Jaime Maussan | Don Ramon | Dr. Wily | Haruhi | Zoolander | New Hercules | Aya | Carlos Trejo | Weird Al | J Jonah Jameson | Mary | Codec Snake