Recoil damage (also called self-damage) is damage taken by a character when it uses an attack under certain circumstances. It is constant regardless of other factors; it occurs even if the user is invincible or intangible. Being damaged by one's own explosive generally does not count as recoil damage, as it does not directly deal damage to the user. Recoil damage does not cause knockback to the character.
List of moves that deal recoil damage Edit
- Best Hercules - Holding Best Bow for too long will deal 5% damage. Performing Recycle Chariot off ledges will deal 5% when Best Hercules hits the ground.
- Hitler - Pencil of Doom may have a 1/4 chance of backfire, dealing 4% damage.
- Irate Gamer - Escape Bike will deal 4% damage when it hits something, such as a solid object or an enemy. The Same Explosion Effect will deal 10% damage. In addition, he can plagiarize standard special moves that cause recoil damage, which will have the same effects as the original ones.
- Jaime Maussan - Portal Dimensional will deal 5% damage if Maussan fires himself from the portal.
- Nicolas Cage - Unmasker will deal 2% damage for every trap it removes (6% if removing Ib's paintings or Aya's Pendant).
- Nostalgia Critic - A fully charged EXPLAIN! will deal 19% damage.
- Zoolander - Failing to successfully use Go Monk will deal 15% damage.