|Scratch & Grounder|
|First appearance||The Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (1993) |
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (1993)
Role in The Subspace Emissary Edit
When Leonidas is chasing Robotnik through Sparta, he corners him after the latter captures a trophied Mama Luigi. Finding a way to escape, Robotnik phones Scratch and Grounder to take care of Leonidas. Leonidas destroys Grounder during the fight, causing Scratch to flee.
Scratch reappears in Final Forest, where he and several Badniks attack I.M. Meen and prepare to detonate a Subspace Bomb to engulf the area. His efforts are futile, and the bomb is sabotaged by Meen.
Sparta Battle Edit
- Grounder tranforms his drill hands into hammers, then swings them as he moves across the screen.
- Grounder blows into one hand and creates a pumpkin with the other, then throws it at the player.
- Grounder extends his hand out.
- Scratch drops egg bombs. The egg bombs are the only way to damage Grounder.
- Scratch swoops down on the player.
- Scratch grabs Grounder and flies away offscreen, then they come back onscreen with a large tank that fires four bombshells.
Final Forest Battle Edit
- Scratch performs a fast swoop.
- Scratch summons Rollers, which can be knocked into him to cause damage. If they are left alone, they will roll into the player themselves.
- Scratch drops egg bombs, more frequently than in Sparta.
- Scratch fires projectiles from a cannon attached to his crotch.
Scratch and Grounder are recurring characters from The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, being designed by Dr. Robotnik as efficient Sonic hunters, yet they are portrayed as a pair of idiotic clowns that Sonic outwits and runs circles around on a frequent basis. Both Badniks are inspired by two Badniks from Sonic the Hedgehog 2; Grounder is a direct lift of the Badnik of the same name, while Scratch appears to be a modified Clucker, a turret-wielding chicken Badnik.
Scratch and Grounder, like many characters from the show, also appear in the game Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine. Grounder is fought as the eighth opponent, while Scratch is fought as the twelfth and penultimate opponent.
|Bosses in Smash Bros. Lawl|